On Saturday, Yarmouth Wesleyan hosted the second annual South Shore Leadership Network with 75 church leaders from around the region representing a variety of churches and denominations. It was an excellent day to sharpen gifts and build unity among the churches. Hats off to Andrew Maves, Scott Muise, AJ Plaizier, and John Symonds for speaking and leading breakout sessions. Grateful for the value driven vision of these men to see leadership development become an elevated reality on the South Shore.
The Buckingham Leadership Institute (Kingswood University) held the Believability Tour this Friday in Moncton with a high energy, sell-out crowd of 435. This interdenominational event included plenary sessions with Pastor B and our own Brent Ingersoll as well as Atlantic Wesleyan pastors and lay leaders attending from Brazil Lake, Connection, Deep Water, Havelock (NS), Houlton, Journey, Maple Ridge, Metro, Miramichi, Moncton, Saint John First, Woodstock, and of course Kingswood. A word of congratulations to Pastor B on the success of this historic day is best summarized by these thots from one participant, “Pastor, you and your team had the faith and hard work that allowed God to break through a barrier that will forever change believability and unity in ministry that Atlantic Canada has never been seen before for the glory of God!”
- Graham Perry (Saint John First) hosted the Maximizing Impact Team this weekend with myself, Denn Guptill (Cornerstone), and Don Ingersoll (Sussex). Pastor B provided leadership training on Saturday morning followed by a panel discussion with the congregation and Denn Guptill preached on Sunday morning before I shared the final report of five strengths, five concerns, and five corresponding recommendations. The SJ1 family is in a season of growth and rising morale and momentum as 190 gathered on Sunday to celebrate the reception of three new members and the 7th Baptism (a two-week old Believer) in the past eight weeks!
- Tribal Huddles will gather before the end of November! I am looking forward to a meaningful time of interaction and shared learning with the pastoral teams from our local churches on the following dates. All local church pastors (and other pastors under appointment) may participate at the location of their preference. Huddles will occur from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (lunch included).Nov 21 (Tue) – Houlton Wesleyan (10 AM EST)
Nov 23 (Thu) – Crosspoint (Fredericton)
Nov 24 (Fri) – Sussex Wesleyan
Nov 29 (Wed) – Rodd Grand Hotel (Yarmouth)
Nov 30 (Thu) – Cornerstone (Hammonds Plains)
- Prayer is requested for the World Hope Canada Board of Directors as we meet by Zoom this evening (Monday) to vote on the recommendation of the Search Committee for our new Executive Director. Stay tuned!
- Speaking of global engagement, one of the highlights of the Nov 8 Missions Pastor Roundtable was the in-person attendance of George Pryor (Milliken, ON) who has served for several years as the Central Canada District Director of Global Partners (DDGP). Initial dialog with our Atlantic DDGP (Denn Guptill) laid an excellent foundation for early exploration of how The Wesleyan Church of Canada will work together in praying, giving, and going, to serve alongside the International Wesleyan Church.
- The District Board of Administration met in the Edgett Boardroom this Tuesday (Nov 14). It was deeply moving as your DS to Chair my first DBA meeting with this group of incredible Kingdom leaders. We enjoyed a “surprise” virtual visit from our National Superintendent and General Superintendent who were both in Indiana during a lunch break of the General Board.
Baptist Second Thot: If your vision isn’t sharp enough to alienate some, it will never be clear enough to attract others. (Kevin Vincent)
Pentecostal Bonus Thot: You can’t develop amazing leaders unless you give them ownership. I’m not interested in making “cheerleaders” we are growing QUARTERBACKS. (Mike Miller)
Has your church been considering launching a Celebrate Recovery ministry? Please consider joining us for a two day forum hosted by Deep Water Church and our CR Ministry. See first hand how a CR night works, and on day 2 hear some of the nuts and bolts required to get you started.
Two day schedule (PDF)
Are you in? Register your church today for just $30. For further info please contact Shaun email@example.com or (902) 225-6849.