Look who showed up in our office this week on the way home! So glad to see Nick out of the VG and headed to the Ridge. Progress. Thanks to so many of you who have prayed so often for Nick. He was at church yesterday morning – all good!
Great Kingdom outcomes from Easter 2016 ministry on our district highlighted by more than 80 people making a commitment to Christ and more than 30 baptisms. Weekend attendance is right at 17,000 with 20 churches above 200; 14 above 300; 8 above 500 and 3 above 1,000. Creativity and variety were evident at a number of churches both small and large. Still waiting on a few pastors to report – but so far every church exceeded last years average attendance on Easter weekend. Congrats to all who worked to make Easter 2016 a great weekend of Resurrection Celebration.
- Seth Fancy resigned yesterday at Saint John First (sj1) and has accepted a new ministry position the details of which will be announced soon.
- Neville Gosman, who holds credentials with our district, resigned yesterday at Penobsquis Baptist. He will be moving to Mexico City to plant an International Church with the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- Ron and Karen Purdy will candidate as co-pastors next Sunday at Miramichi. Peter has been directing this transition and met with the LBA in Miramichi on Tuesday of last week.
- A J Thomas will candidate next Sunday at Halifax Deep Water.
- Global Partners recently released information on top supporting churches last year – Moncton is #4 in missionary giving across our entire denomination. Congrats Moncton – well done!
- Zach and Laura will deploy early this month for their first term with Global Partners. Thanks to all who are supporting this outstanding young couple.
- Houlton has a 16 person missions team leaving soon for LaGonave, Haiti.
- A great word from Matt Maxwell at Journey, “We have had a new Syrian family in service the past two Sundays. We have interacted with this family, but never invited them to church… THEY asked to come. And get this, they have already invited friends – who are planning on attending this coming Sunday!!! We are currently working on a translation services solution!! Who would have thought!!!!”
- Yesterday was AJ Plaizier’s first Sunday as Lead Pastor at Yarmouth – 516 in attendance – great start.
- Gloria and I were at the Truro Heights Baptist Church yesterday where I was honoured to preach at Pastor Connie Stewart’s pastoral installation. The church is very pleased to have Connie serving as their pastor.
Sussex held their 2nd Annual Beast Feast on Saturday to a sold our crowd of circa 200. Guest speaker was legendary Maine Guide Matt Libby. Menu featured Elk Chili, Wild Boar Pulled Pork and all the fixins. To quote Pastor Don Ingersoll “Great community connections!”
The Kingswood Board of Trustees met last week. One of the highlights was a visit to the site where the athletic fields will be developed. This excellent project has been made possible through the generosity of alums Pete and Ginnie Benson. We also welcomed five new trustees to the board. Excellent all round.
Corbett Avenue recently had a mission team in Costa Rica. They worked on a remote church in the mountains for the indigenous Cabécar people there and worshiped with the Sol de Justicia Wesleyan Church.
THOT: “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
ON SECOND THOT: “This present age is so flippant that if a man loves the Saviour he’s a fanatic, and if he hates the powers of evil he’s a bigot.” – Charles H. Spurgeon
Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages
Kingswood University offers a TESL Intensive
For three weeks: April 28 – May 13, 2016
No Classes on Wednesdays.
Registration deadline: April 8
Call Admissions at 506-432-4422
NS Children’s Ministry Huddle
Saturday, May 28 – 9 am – 3pm
New Hope Wesleyan Church, Kentville NS.
Pack your van and bring your Children’s Ministry Team!
Refreshments, breakouts, resources, training and equipping!
Only $25/person (5 or more from your church for $100)
To register your team contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Catch God’s heart for your ministry! Explore fresh insights & gain practical ideas as Mark Buchanan helps you cast a fresh – even daring vision for doing church in your community. His down-to-earth experience and perspective will intrigue and inspire you to new heights in ministry, especially among the most neglected.
For more information and to register visit the Church Leaders Forum website.