Gloria and I are on a 50th Anniversary extended cruise and It’s Monday Again (IMA) will be in abbreviated form for the next three weeks. There will be brief bullet points and few pictures. Thanks for your understanding – we really appreciate our growing group of faithful IMA readers.
- We had an opportunity to visit briefly with Nick, Beth and the girls in Halifax last week. They had been out for dinner together as a family and we chatted in the parking lot, no less. Surgery is in the offing. Remember to pray.
- The hard-working leaf raking crew at Beulah who cared for more than 30 trailer loads of leaves were hosted by Bruce and Roxie for lunch last week. Lobster rolls and seafood chowder was the menu. Who wants to sign up to rake leaves next fall?
- Moncton youth – PRYME – saw 14 first time commitments to Christ in their meeting last week. PTL!
- River Valley recently presented a seminar entitled, “Who are Muslims and How to Love Them.” Hats off to RV for addressing this significant current issue.
- Tim Guptill was a guest last week on Carry Nieuwhof’s podcast – check it out – @cnieuwhof.
- Kingswood is planning a Holy Land trip in the spring of 2016. A journey to the land where the Master walked and ministered is an experience of deep spiritual impact. Please check this link for further detail.
- World Hope Canada is requesting you check out this video. This is a worthy opportunity to extend your giving scope over the Christmas season.
THOT: “I have no sympathy with anyone, whatever his station, who will not brook criticism. We are here to get the best possible results.” – Dwight D Eisenhower on the eve of D Day.
ON SECOND THOT: “Let us not expect all to go according to plan. Flexibility of mind will be one of the decisive factors. Risks must be taken.” – Winston Churchill on the eve of D Day.
Kingswood University invites you and your congregation to Carols at Kingswood on Sunday, December 6, in the Saunders Irving Chapel at 6:30 p.m. Through Bible readings, music by the campus choir and soloists, creative arts, and carols by candlelight, the service will focus on the Advent story, the expectant waiting for the coming of Christ. Admission is free; however, in the spirit of Christmas joy and giving, the university will collect donations of canned good and toiletry items for local charities.
Kingswood tour of Israel in May 10 – 18, 2016. Cost is between $3,500 – 3,800 U.S. depending on how many people go (the more that go, the less expensive the trip). This is truly a once in a life-time opportunity to see and experience first-hand the sights and sounds of the Holy Land, and to walk where Jesus walked. Such an enriching experience. More information can be found on the website.
Advent 2015: LOVE Revealed
November 29 – December 20
The Church Multiplication and Discipleship Division of The Wesleyan Church has announced the release of the Advent 2015 all church resource. LOVE Revealed features four weeks of spiritual preparation leading up to Christmas. Included are sermon outlines, disciple group lessons for children, youth, and adults, devotionals, daily readings, and more.
Revealing His LOVE for the world, God sent His only Son so that we might live through Him. It is His LOVE that drove heaven down, and it is this same LOVE that redeems, reconciles, transforms, and makes all things new. God is with us and He lives among us. This Christmas season, may those around you be drawn to His LOVE Revealed.
Click here to download the 2015 Advent series. #Advent2015
FOLLOW 2015, the International Wesleyan Youth Conference, will be held in Indianapolis, IN on December 28-31 and we want to gauge interest from our district on who is interested in taking some of their students. As a member of the FOLLOW Executive team, we’re anticipating over 7500 students and leaders will fill the Indianapolis Convention Centre this December and we hope to expose our district students to the Wesleyan Church on an international stage. If you want to know more information about FOLLOW 2015 please visit www.follow2015.com or if you have any questions, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Follow this link for your chance to win a free registration to FOLLOW 2015: http://ow.ly/QSiYm