God doesn’t just call us into His Cause – He calls us into community. Seventeen years ago Presque Isle (Bud Fancy) began an annual fall men’s summit which has inspired 50-90 men on any given year. It was spiritually enriching to be with this band of brothers last week at Moose River Outpost near Jackman, Maine over this past weekend. About five years ago this core of men added a spring 3-day canoe trip to their annual rhythm of community. Hats off to Bud and his gifted team of pastoral and lay leaders who make this a priority experience with Kingdom excellence. #strongertogether
The pastoral team and key lay leaders provided an engaging, challenging, and fun-filled three-day event with a true band of spiritual brothers. Large group worship times reverberated in Moose Hall and small group discussion times created spaces for iron to sharpen iron. All this peppered with hearty meals, work projects, hours of solitude in the Word, and of course… blowing things up!
- Brent Ingersoll (Kings) shared the great report that Celebrate Recovery had 185 participants (plus leaders with 200+) last week! Kings Halifax (Seth Fancy) will have its first birthday next month. The last two Sundays have seen 170+ in attendance each week and recently celebrated 11 baptisms. This coming week will bless the community with the generosity of Kings through Love Week. So grateful for the stellar example of contextual effectiveness and Kingdom multiplication God is blessing through Kings’ leadership.
- As we engage the fall ramp up of ministry, the Division of Education & Clergy Development has provided a timely video reminder through our partnership with Sabbath Living (Dr. Matthew Sleeth), that as pastors we need to receive God’s gift of Sabbath rest.
- C2C Network is providing an excellent opportunity this November for those wanting to raise leaders who value Kingdom multiplication. Ascent Base Camp will be offered on both November 9th (Moncton) & November 10th (Halifax).
- President Stephen Lennox (Kingswood University) will be featuring a 2-3 minute insightful devotional thought entitled Taking Note on a local Christian radio station each week and has graciously offered to share this resource with those who subscribe to It’s Monday Again.
Thot: We don’t serve a God who keeps bad beginnings alive. (Parker Davis)
On Second Thot: Trust is what you do in the middle of your fear. (Jason Blaikie)
Bonus Thot: Sin is malignant. It always grows… one lie at a time. Sin always starts with a lie to our self. (Bud Fancy)
A Christian Leadership Response to the Shifting
Landscape of Canadian Religious Freedoms
What: High order Christian-based legal insights and recommendations for the shifting landscape of Canadian religious freedoms
When: October 4 @ 10:30 a.m. Atlantic Time
Who: Derek Ross, Executive Director & General Counsel for Christian Legal Fellowship
How: Pastors and lay leaders may register by email with the Atlantic District (email@example.com) All AD credentialed pastors who register AND attend the Zoominar will receive a complimentary copy of the June 2018 publication, Hope for Nations: Standing Strong in a Post-Trust, Post Christian World (John Dickerson).
“Times of great social upheaval are times of great spiritual opportunity,” writes Dickerson. “You can live the adventure of this era with great purpose. You can know with confidence that the Creator of the universe appointed you to bring light and life to this moment in human history.”
Check out this recent radio interview with Derek Ross and Barry Bussey (Director for Legal Affairs of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities since 2011) on The Drew Marshall Show (begins at 1:40 in the MP3 file) for a sneak peek on some of the insights you will learn in this Oct 4th Zoominar.
Join hundreds of women at from all over the east coast as we come together to worship God and have fun! Our goal is to create an atmosphere where every woman at Harvest will experience an encounter with God that will impact their life and the people in it.
Join us this fall at Kings Church, October 19 & 20, with special guest speakers Annie F. Downs and Heather Semple. For more information, or to register visit www.harvestconference.ca or call 506-847-5343.
YARMOUTH WESLEYAN CHURCH
Thursday, November 1st, 9:30-4:30
Keynote Speakers Including : AJ Thomas, Kevin Vincent, Brent Ingersoll, Mike Miller & L.D. Buckingham
THE ROCK CHURCH HALIFAX
Friday, November 2nd, 9:30-4:30
Keynote Speakers: Jerry Reddy, James Mallon, AJ Thomas, Kevin Vincent & L.D. Buckingham
For more information and to register please visit the BLI website.
November 9 – Moncton
November 10 – Halifax
WHAT IS BASE CAMP?
The Ascent Base Camp is a one-day immersion in the vision, values, tools and training that are required for the church planting venture. You will learn from seasoned church planters and get input from church planting strategists who will help you discern if this “climb” is one you should attempt.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Senior leaders who bring along younger leaders they are working with.
• Young leaders who may not yet know how God has gifted and called them.
• Anyone who is curious about the calling and challenges of church planting.
• Students who are discerning God’s call for future ministry.
• Those considering a call to ministry, regardless of the specific field, or path.
WHY ATTEND A BASE CAMP?
Like climbing a mountain peak, church planting requires much preparation and skill. The vistas from the peak are not reached without strict training, Spirit-dependency, and much prayer. Many hazards line the path up the mountain. As you consider the call God may be placing on your life – and specifically the potential of planting a church – wisdom would advise that you gain insight from those who have gone before.
Base Camp is just one step along the journey, but as you consider God’s call, it may be that Base Camp will clarify and strengthen your call and your resolve.
• Early Bird Rate — $20 per person
• One Week Prior — $25 per person
For more information and to register: www.ascentbasecamp.com
January 9-12, 2019
Orlando, Florida at The Caribe Royale
More than a minister’s conference. The Gathering is a reunion of ministry family and friends. A sabbath for our souls. Coming together to stop, rest, pray, play and thrive. A chance to celebrate what God is doing in our lives and ministry through meals, stories, inspiration and worship. We know this will be a gathering you won’t want to miss!